My research interests include speech recognition by humans and machines, audio-visual speech processing, machine listening and the application of machine learning to audio processing.
- AV Grid and AV Lombard Grid data now available on Zenodo.
- Clarity EPSRC project: machine learning competitions for hearing aid development - find out more and join our mailing list.
- Announcing the CHiME 2020 workshop, Barcelona, May 4th
- Announcing the CHiME-6 challenge for diarization and speech recognition.
- Commercial and non-commercial licences for the CHiME-5 dinner party data avaible.
- Challenges to Revolutionise Hearing Device Processing, EPSRC project
- Marie Curie ITN, TAPAS: Training Network on Automatic Processing of PAthological Speech
- The CHiME challenges
- The Audio-Visual Lombard Grid corpus
- English and Spanish Consistent Confusion Corpora
- More research …
- Cooke, M., Lecumberri, M. L. G., Barker, J., & Marxer, R. (2019). Lexical frequency effects in English and Spanish word misperceptions. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 145(2), EL136–EL141.
- Alghamdia, N., Maddock, S., Marxerb, R., Barker, J., & Brown, G. J. (2018). A corpus of audio-visual Lombard speech with frontal and profile views. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 143(6), EL523–EL529.
- Marxer, R., Barker, J., Alghamdi, N., & Maddock, S. (2018). The impact of the Lombard effect on audio and visual speech recognition systems. Speech Communication, 100, 58–68.
- Alghamdi, N., Maddock, S., Barker, J., & Brown, G. J. (2017). The impact of automatic exaggeration of the visual articulatory features of a talker on the intelligibility of spectrally distorted speech. Speech Communication. 10.1016/j.specom.2017.08.010
- Barker, J., Marxer, R., Vincent, E., & Watanabe, S. (2017). The third ‘CHiME’ speech separation and recognition challenge: Analysis and outcomes. Computer Speech and Language, 46, 605–626. 10.1016/j.csl.2016.10.005