I am a Reader in The Department of Computer Science at The University of Sheffield.
A few details:
1) Academic record
- BSc (Eng) ACGI, Electrical Engineering, Imperial College of Science and Technology, 1977-1980.
- PhD, University College London, `Finite element analysis of the propagation of elastic waves through an acoustic microscope', 1981-1984.
- Research Fellow, Department of Computer Science, Brunel University, 1989-1993.
- EPSRC Advanced Research Fellow, Department of Computer Science, Brunel University, 1993-1996.
- EPSRC Advanced Research Fellow, Department of Computer Science, The University of Sheffield, 1996-1998.
- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science, The University of Sheffield, 1998-.
My research interests in my academic career have been concerned with algebraic, numerical and geometric problems in computer aided design systems.
More recently, I have become interested in the theory and applications of wavelets.
2) Industrial record
- Marconi Space and Defence Systems, Stanmore, Middx, 1980-1981.
- ERA Technology, Leatherhead, Surrey, 1984-1986.
- CAP, London, 1986-1989.
3) Research activities
Copies of my slides on the Foundations of Computer Science
Copies of my notes on Network Performance Analysis
Copies of my notes on Network Architectures
Copies of my notes on Pattern Processing
I also teach the second year course Introduction to Pattern Processing.