- I was demo co-chair with Michael Paul and Matt Post of EMNLP 2017 in Copenhagen, 2017.
- I co-organised with Desmond Elliott, Stella Frank, Loic Barrault and Fethi Bougares the second edition of the shared task on Multimodal Machine Translation as part of WMT17 in Copenhagen, September 2017.
- I co-organised with Varvara Logacheva the sixth edition of the Quality Estimation shared task as part of WMT17 in Copenhagen, September 2017
- I gave an invited lecture at the Machine Translation Marathon in Lisbon, August 2017.
- I gave a keynote speech at the Text, Speech and Dialogue Conference in Prague, August 2017.
- I was program co-chair with Roger Levy of CONLL 2017, which will was co-located with ACL 2017 in Vancouver.
- I co-organised with Daniel Cer, Mona Diab, Eneko Agirre and Inigo Lopez-Gazpio the Semantic Textual Similarity shared task as part of SemEval-2017, which was co-located with ACL 2017 in Vancouver
- I was tutorial co-chair with Alexandre Klementiev of EACL 2017 in Valencia, April 2017.
- I gave a keynote speech at the TeTra Conference in Forli, September 2016.
PhD theses I examined recently
- I was external examiner for Rohit Gupta's thesis at University of Wolverhampton in June 2016. His thesis was entitled Use of Language Technology to Improve Matching and Retrieval in Translation Memory.
- I was external examiner for José Guilherme Camargo de Souza's thesis a Università di Trento in April 2016. His thesis was entitled Adaptive Quality Estimation for Machine Translation and Automatic Speech Recognition.
- I was external examiner for Miquel Esplà Gomi's thesis at Universitat d'Alacant in January 2016. His thesis was entitled Using external sources of bilingual information for word-level quality estimation in translation technologies.
- I was external examiner for Luong Ngoc Quang's thesis at Grenoble I University in November 2014. His thesis was entitled Word Confidence Estimation for Statistical Machine Translation.
- I was external examiner for Marco Brunello's thesis at Univerity of Leeds in November 2014. His thesis was entitled ???.
- I was external examiner for Naoto Nishio's thesis at the University of Limerick in May 2015. His thesis was entitled Predicting the Quality of Translation from Attributes of a Translator.
- I was external examiner for Jesús González-Rubio's thesis at Universitat Politecnica de Valencia in May 2014. His thesis was entitled On the Effective Deployment of Current Machine Translation Technology.
- I was "examinatrice" for Marion Potet's thesis at Grenoble I University in April 2013. The thesis was entitled Vers l'intégration de post-éditions d'utilisateurs pour améliorer les systèmes de traduction automatiques probabilistes. I also gave a talk to the Laboratory of Informatics of Grenoble (LIG) on "Machine Translation from the users' perspective".
- I was external examiner for Giselle De Almeida's thesis at Dublin City University in December 2012. Her thesis was entitled Translating the post-editor: an investigation of post-editing changes and correlations with professional experience across two Romance languages.
- I was external examiner for Els Lefever's thesis at Gent University in September 2012. The thesis was entitled ParaSense: Parallel corpora for word sense disambiguation. I also gave a talk at the Symposium on "Exploiting Parallel Corpora for Lexical Disambiguation".
- I was external examiner for Milena Yankova's thesis at Sheffield University in 2010.