My research interests include speech recognition by humans and machines, audio-visual speech processing, machine listening and the application of machine learning to audio processing.
- CHiME 2018 workshop registration now open
- Call for Papers for CHiME 2018 workshop, Hyderabad, India, September 7th 2018.
- 5th CHiME challenge submission deadline August 3rd.
- Proceedings of the CHAT-2017 workshop on hearing assistive technology now available.
- Computer Speech and Language Special Issue on Multi-Microphone Speech Recognition in Everyday Environments out now.
- TAPAS: Training Network on Automatic Processing of PAthological Speech
- The CHiME challenges
- The Audio-Visual Lombard Grid corpus
- English and Spanish Consistent Confusion Corpora
- More research …
- Cooke, M., Lecumberri, M. L. G., Barker, J., & Marxer, R. (2019). Lexical frequency effects in English and Spanish word misperceptions. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 145(2), EL136–EL141.
- Alghamdia, N., Maddock, S., Marxerb, R., Barker, J., & Brown, G. J. (2018). A corpus of audio-visual Lombard speech with frontal and profile views. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 143(6), EL523–EL529.
- Marxer, R., Barker, J., Alghamdi, N., & Maddock, S. (2018). The impact of the Lombard effect on audio and visual speech recognition systems. Speech Communication, 100, 58–68.
- Barker, J., Marxer, R., Vincent, E., & Watanabe, S. (2017). The third ‘CHiME’ speech separation and recognition challenge: Analysis and outcomes. Computer Speech and Language, 46, 605–626. 10.1016/j.csl.2016.10.005
- Vincent, E., Watanabe, S., Nugraha, A. A., Barker, J., & Marxer, R. (2017). An analysis of environment, microphone and data simulation mismatches in robust speech recognition. Computer Speech and Language, 46, 535–557. 10.1016/j.csl.2016.11.005